Landmark Preservation

The 300 East 25th St block, often referred to as the "Greenest Block" serves as a beacon of tranquility in the Flatbush community. The proposed historic district includes a total of 56 Neo-Renaissance limestone and brownstone row-houses on East 25th St between Clarendon Rd and Avenue D. This block has remained intact with century old facades and creative front gardens, which provides a strong “sense of place”. This uniformity of East 25th St is due to the buildings' construction by one developer, Henry Meyer Building Company in 1909 which was encapsulated in The Brooklyn Daily Eagle newspaper - Saturday, August 28, 1909 article - "Work of Active Builders". The vision of Meyer was to build beautiful "high grade" one-family homes which at the time, as it is now "an attractive and rapidly growing neighborhood".